| Illuminations By NCTM - Gateway to standards-based mathematics education.
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
SCIMAST Southwest Consortium for the improvement of mathematics and science teaching.
General Math Sites
A+ Math Interactive flashcards, games, and a homework helper.
- AIMS Puzzle Corner Have students engage in doing mathematics just for the fun of it!
- Close to 100 From TERC's Hands On! This game places emphasis on mathematical thinking, reasoning, and mental computation.
- Cool Math 4 Kids This site addresses many of the NCTM standards: Number facts and computation, identifying geometric shapes, and problem solving.
- Cyberchase: Web Games From PBS. Middle and upper grades will have a blast solving codes to save the "cyber citizens" of Valussa-while practicing their analytical thinking skills. Other games include topics such as graphing, patterns, and more.
- Data Place Hosts cross-curricular, collaborative projects for grades 3-6. Students from all over the world collect and work with real data and Data Place generates easy-to-read charts.
- Elementary Math Problem of the Week Hosted by the Math Forum Project of Swathmore College.
- Give a Mouse a Cookie A Family Math and Literacy Night invited families to participate in activities centered around the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff. Includes math games, literacy activities, crafts and a create-a-snack project.
- i-math Online, interactive multimedia math investigations. A great place to explore math concepts. Some video clips included.
- Interactive Math Money, time, pattern blocks, base 10, fractions bars and more.
- King's List of Online Math Activities This site offers an extensive, teacher-created list of links to interactive math sites by topic.
- MathBrain.com from the creators of FunBrain. This site features 25 interactive online games that build skills in the areas of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and problem solving.
- Math.com A wide range of mathematical tools: test prep, study tips, puzzles, games, and one minute interactive drills.
- Math Cats Filled with creative, open-ended math explorations: Architecture Blocks, Math Story Problems, Cat Tails and other activities.
- Math Goodies Interactive math lessons, homework help, worksheets, forums, and more
- Math Hunt Resources for children and teachers that integrate math into science and social studies.
- Math in Daily Life A complete math unit from Annenberg CPB.
- Math Stories This site is excellent for developing and enhancing problem skills that reflect analytical and critical thinking through chart reading and multi-step problem solving questions. Grades 1-8
- Mathematics Archives This site covers a wide range of different topics in mathematics, software, and teaching materials
- Mathlets A collection of multigrade online math modeling tools, part of the Illuminations website.
- Mega-Mathematics Get hands-on exploration of all things math with this interactive site.
- Multiplication.com Practice multiplication facts here!
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives for Interactive Mathematics This site lists NCTM standards targeted by each activity.
- Numbertime The animations, games, songs, and movies at this site are so entertaining, your students won't realize that they are actually learning!
- Pick a Number This interactive site provides students with the skills to recognize and describe number patterns and provides them with the vocabulary to describe number relationships.
- Teacherkids.com For grades PreK-3 and an added advanced section for acceleration.
- Using Art to Teach Math Using mosaics, paintings, and sculpture, students will learn to add, subtract, measure, divide, estimate, figure proportion and symmetry ... presents real-world math to students.
- Welcome to the World of Aunty Math A fun site comprised of all sorts of online math challenges for K-5 students.
- Geometry Activities Geometry activities for students of all ages.
- The Geometry Center This is a gallery of the Interactive Geometry University of Minnesota Science and Technology Center.
- Pattern Block Java Applet Explore patterning, shapes, symmetry, design and fractions with these virtual manipulatives.
- Tangrams An ancient Chinese moving piece puzzle, consisting of 7 geometric shapes. Learn its history, make your own tangram set or try solving one of the shapes. This site contains activities that can be done online or downloaded and links to other resources.
- Brain Teasers Children will welcome these warm-ups on a daily basis.
- Math Maven Mysteries Integrates math and reading! You may want to have your students work in teams.
- Math Stories This site is excellent for developing and enhancing problem skills that reflect analytical and critical thinking through chart reading and multi-step problem solving questions. The math problems are thematic in nature and interesting to students at the elementary level.
- Math Word Problems for Children Designed to help elementary and middle school children improve problem solving and critical thinking skills. Site has over 6700 interactive and non-interactive word problems!
- The National Math Trail Blaze a new trail through mathematics on the National Math
Trail, a project in which students across the country contribute math problems that relate to their communities. The problems are indexed according to grade level and math topic; many include photos, drawings, and other visual enhancements. Also provided is a technology tutorial that walks participants through submitting a problem.
- PBS Kids: Cyberchase Virtual adventures where kids use problem-solving strategies to play math games to defeat the bad guys.
- PBS Math Problem Solving & Reasoning 34 Resources for the K-2 crowd.
- Reading Comprehension through Math Problem Solving A complete lesson plan with stragegies for implementation.
- To Excel in the Classroom is Elementary Students integrate real life situations with technology. Problem solving skills are enhanced through numerous activities. Students collect, identify, and draw conclusions from graphs, tables and charts.