|Illuminations By NCTM - Gateway to standards-based mathematics education.
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
SCIMAST Southwest Consortium for the improvement of mathematics and science teaching.
General Math Sites
- AIMS Puzzle Corner Have students engage in doing mathematics just for the fun of it!
- Close to 100 From TERC's Hands On! This game places emphasis on mathematical thinking, reasoning, and mental computation.
- Cool Math 4 Kids This site addresses many of the NCTM standards: Number facts and computation, identifying geometric shapes, and problem-solving.
- Data Place Hosts cross-curricular, collaborative projects for grades 3-6. Students from all over the world collect and work with real data and Data Place generates easy-to-read charts.
- Elementary Math Problem of the Week Hosted by the Math Forum Project of Swathmore College.
- i-math Online, interactive multimedia math investigations. A great place to explore math concepts. Some video clips included.
- Interactive Math Money, time, pattern blocks, base 10, fractions bars and more.
- MathBrain.com from the creators of FunBrain. This site features 25 interactive online games that build skills in the areas of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and problem-solving.
- Math.com A wide range of mathematical tools: test prep, study tips, puzzles, games, and one-minute interactive drills.
- Math Cats Filled with creative, open-ended math explorations: Architecture Blocks, Math Story Problems, Cat Tails and other activities.
- Math Goodies Interactive math lessons, homework help, worksheets, forums, and more
- Math Hunt Resources for children and teachers that integrate math into science and social studies.
- Math in Daily Life A complete math unit from Annenberg CPB.
- Math Stories This site is excellent for developing and enhancing problem skills that reflect analytical and critical thinking through chart reading and multi-step problem-solving questions. Grades 1-8
- Mathematics Archives This site covers a wide range of different topics in mathematics, software, and teaching materials
- Mathlets A collection of multigrade online math modeling tools, part of the Illuminations website.
- Multiplication.com Practice multiplication facts here!
- Teacherkids.com For grades PreK-3 and an added advanced section for acceleration.
- Using Art to Teach Math Using mosaics, paintings, and sculpture, students will learn to add, subtract, measure, divide, estimate, figure proportion and symmetry ... presents real-world math to students.
- Welcome to the World of Aunty Math A fun site comprised of all sorts of online math challenges for K-5 students.
- The Geometry Center This is a gallery of the Interactive Geometry University of Minnesota Science and Technology Center.
- Pattern Block Java Applet Explore patterning, shapes, symmetry, design, and fractions with these virtual manipulatives.
- Math Maven Mysteries Integrates math and reading! You may want to have your students work in teams.
- Math Stories This site is excellent for developing and enhancing problem skills that reflect analytical and critical thinking through chart reading and multi-step problem-solving questions. The math problems are thematic in nature and interesting to students at the elementary level.
- Math Word Problems for Children Designed to help elementary and middle school children improve problem-solving and critical thinking skills. The site has over 6700 interactive and non-interactive word problems!
- PBS Math Problem Solving & Reasoning 34 Resources for the K-2 crowd.
- Reading Comprehension through Math Problem Solving A complete lesson plan with strategies for implementation.